Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Oklahoma City is Mighty Pretty

I've completed my first round of Oklahoma visits - got to spend some much-awaited time with the fam in OKC over Memorial Day weekend which was great! I thought it was going to be nasty weather while I was home, but true to its reputation, Oklahoma weather was completely unpredictable and it turned out to be sunny and beautiful. Here are some highlights from the trip!

First trip to Eischen's chicken in Okarche

Everything is nice and green in my parents' back yard!

Beautiful Oklahoma sunset
 

Bailey was my shadow all weekend
 
Mom and I attempted making Egyptian bread


 
 
Very yummy!

 
One of my mom's co-workers is from Egypt and she shared her recipe for traditional Egyptian bread with us. It's basically a simple frybread that's cooked flat in a skillet - it's so yummy! We had it with some cranberry pepper jam from Whole Foods and some muenster cheese. I'm going to attempt making another batch when I get back to PA, so I'll share the recipe then.

Now it's on to Tulsa to work and catch up with my co-workers!

No comments:

Post a Comment