Thursday, May 2, 2013

This and That

We've been busy bees lately!

We had our pre-construction meeting with Ryan Homes on Monday to go over our plans for the house and to meet our project manager. They had already started digging our basement (yay for being ahead of schedule!) and we just got word that they will be putting the basement walls up this coming Monday. Woohoo! We are so ready to be in that house and out of the tiny apartment. They also started building the house right next door to us just a few days before they started on ours, so it looks like our houses will be going up at the same time. Joe is very pleased because he was concerned that construction noise would keep him from being able to sleep in on the weekends (he's mentioned that to our sales rep at least 15 times so I'm sure she's excited too) :-)

I have finally decided to give in and open an Etsy shop... I've thought about it for a few years and never did because the taxes and licensing around starting an online business are really complicated (at least they seem that way to me!) but Joe has offered to help, so I've been working on getting a page set up and figuring out what I plan to sell. It'll probably be a while before I actually open the shop because we still have to register the business, fill out tax forms, make items, list them, get a shipping account, and various other things before being ready. Entrepreneurship is difficult when you go by the book, and I'm not even having to deal with employing anyone else, purchasing a building, or even setting up my own website! It's no wonder people outsource everything now. Here's to hoping the shop isn't a big flop after it's all said and done!

We've also been trying to plan a trip to Oklahoma some time this month, but we've had a heck of a time finding a few days when our families will all be in town and when it's convenient for work. We finally decided that I'll go to OK at the end of May and Joe will stay in Pittsburgh since he doesn't have a desk in the Tulsa tower anymore (and I don't think the people up here would let him work remote for a few days, he's always being called away for something up here!) but we're going to try to plan another trip some time soon when we can both go. I can't wait to be back in OK for a few days, I've missed everyone so much!

I was also up for a cell phone refresh at work, so I just got an iPhone 5 yesterday - I love it! The camera on my iPhone 4 was all scratched up and basically unusable so I'm very excited that I have one that works now. And I have 4G - finally coming up in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment